- Maintaining the accounts and overseeing:
- Debtors & Creditors Book (including creating invoices, debt recovery & client liaison)
- Setting the annual budget (based on previous year’s actuals + strategic rate setting + forecast changes + risk/opportunity elements + other known factors)
- Bank reconciliation
- PayPal & Stripe account reconciliation
- Forecast updates throughout the year
- Design and maintain a working structure/hierarchy for managing accounts.
- Reporting financial position and risks and opportunities to the committee/trustees
- Creating online BACS payments and overseeing all bank transactions
- Ensuring documentation is maintained and filed for ALL financial transactions
- Advising on – and ensuring – all financial activities (planned and actual) are compliant.
- Working with trustees and committee members to cost projects and activities, and assess the associated financial risks.
- Prepare the year-end accounts for submission to the charity commission
- Separation of duties / sign-off role on financial activity
- Reimbursing committee members’ expenses and issuing pre-paid travel, etc.
- Managing online accounts with associated income (e.g. Brown Paper Tickets, Givey, etc)
- Experience working within accounting/finance
- Proficient with spreadsheets (Excel or Apache Open Office)
- Experience of working in a third sector/equalities environment preferred, but not essential
- Available for immediate start in order to receive a thorough handover and experience the organisation at its peak performance
‘Positive Action’ refers to a range of measures and initiatives that organisations can lawfully take to actively encourage individuals from underrepresented groups to apply. The selection procedure itself is no different and is based solely on merit. Due to the nature of our work, we strongly encourage applications from trans, non-binary, gender-fluid and gender non-conforming people. We particularly welcome applicants from minority ethnic backgrounds as they are under-represented within the organisation. If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to attend interview, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send over a little bit about yourself, along with any supporting documentation of experience found in the person specification to email@example.com with the subject title ‘Treasurer Application’. Please do not hesitate to get in touch if you have any queries, or require assistance in your application.
Deadline for applications: 22nd July 2018 (but the sooner, the better please!)