Trans Pride Brighton 2018
Putting the T First!
Enjoyed Trans Pride? Become part of the bigger picture by joining our volunteer Committee!
We’re currently recruiting for a variety of different roles, and looking for individuals from within the community who would like to get involved. To register your interest, please email us with a little bit about yourselves, how you might like to help out, and a brief introduction of any relevant experience you may have.
Please note you do not need to have had any work and/or volunteering experience in order to fulfil many of our roles, just a passion for the engagement and visibility of the trans and non-binary community. The roles’ time commitment varies throughout the year, with flexible role-share opportunities available, and many not requiring you to live in the Brighton area. You will be volunteering alongside experienced TPB volunteers and Trustees, being given support where necessary.
A few examples of areas of our organisation in which we are looking to recruit roles are: events, fundraising, community engagement, accessibility, administration, sales, stage management, activities, social media, design, and many more.
‘Positive Action’ refers to a range of measures and initiatives that organisations can lawfully take to actively encourage individuals from under-represented groups to apply. The selection procedure itself is no different and is based solely on merit. Due to the nature of our work, we strongly encourage applications from trans, non-binary, gender-fluid and gender non-conforming people. We particularly welcome applicants from minority ethnic backgrounds, and persons with disabilities. If you would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to discuss opportunities with us, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are interested in applying for a role, please send over a little bit about yourself to email@example.com with the subject title ‘Open Recruitment Application’. Please do not hesitate to get in touch if you have any queries, or require assistance in your application.
Oh What a Day!
All these photos courtesy of Kate Sutton (c) 2018.
Image description: two logo designs for the campaign theme texts.
We are happy to announce this year’s campaigns as Celebrating Gender Diversity within the Trans Community and Nothing About Us Without Us
Celebrating Gender Diversity within the Trans Community has been created in response to the feedback within our community from our non-binary siblings calling for more inclusivity within the Trans community. We wholeheartedly want to show the intersectionality and diversity that belongs to, and will always be a part of Trans Pride Brighton. This statement shows we are united with anyone that identifies under the Trans umbrella, irrespective of their gender identity.
Nothing About Us Without Us is a term we have seen in many different campaigns relating to minority groups. It dates back to Polish citizens fighting for their rights in the 15th century to have a say in the creation of their laws. In more recent times the term has been used by the Disability Rights community to fight for equality and inclusion and has since become widely used by other minority groups fighting for equality. At Trans Pride, we felt this message resonated with us very closely, and we want to give thanks and praise to the groups that came before us, for providing us with the tools to start fighting for our rights and inclusion. The Disability rights movement is one close to our hearts here at Trans Pride Brighton, with many of our community (and committee) also belonging to and identifying with the disability rights movement. The term relates so closely to what we are fighting for at the moment: to be included in the creation of, and amendment to, current legislation, as well as the way that we are written and talked about, usually without our involvement.
- Maintaining the accounts and overseeing:
- Debtors & Creditors Book (including creating invoices, debt recovery & client liaison)
- Setting the annual budget (based on previous year’s actuals + strategic rate setting + forecast changes + risk/opportunity elements + other known factors)
- Bank reconciliation
- PayPal & Stripe account reconciliation
- Forecast updates throughout the year
- Design and maintain a working structure/hierarchy for managing accounts.
- Reporting financial position and risks and opportunities to the committee/trustees
- Creating online BACS payments and overseeing all bank transactions
- Ensuring documentation is maintained and filed for ALL financial transactions
- Advising on – and ensuring – all financial activities (planned and actual) are compliant.
- Working with trustees and committee members to cost projects and activities, and assess the associated financial risks.
- Prepare the year-end accounts for submission to the charity commission
- Separation of duties / sign-off role on financial activity
- Reimbursing committee members’ expenses and issuing pre-paid travel, etc.
- Managing online accounts with associated income (e.g. Brown Paper Tickets, Givey, etc)
- Experience working within accounting/finance
- Proficient with spreadsheets (Excel or Apache Open Office)
- Experience of working in a third sector/equalities environment preferred, but not essential
- Available for immediate start in order to receive a thorough handover and experience the organisation at its peak performance
‘Positive Action’ refers to a range of measures and initiatives that organisations can lawfully take to actively encourage individuals from underrepresented groups to apply. The selection procedure itself is no different and is based solely on merit. Due to the nature of our work, we strongly encourage applications from trans, non-binary, gender-fluid and gender non-conforming people. We particularly welcome applicants from minority ethnic backgrounds as they are under-represented within the organisation. If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to attend interview, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send over a little bit about yourself, along with any supporting documentation of experience found in the person specification to email@example.com with the subject title ‘Treasurer Application’. Please do not hesitate to get in touch if you have any queries, or require assistance in your application.
Deadline for applications: 22nd July 2018 (but the sooner, the better please!)
Trans Pride Brighton need your help! This year is our 6th anniversary and we need help to make next year another amazing event.
How do we run Trans Pride Brighton year on year and make it such a great event?
How do we ensure it continues in the spirit of what all Prides ought to be?
Please help us by donating any amount – even a couple of quid will do! Without your ongoing support this event would not be happening. Remember, this is your event, your community, YOUR PRIDE.Donate
Please Contact us with any questions or comments about Trans Pride Brighton.